Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Book Review

 


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
By: JK. Rowling

This book is one of my all time favorites so I decided that, as my blog name says, I decided that I should give my own take on the story.
It starts with the Dursley family who are entirely normal. When Mr. Dursley starts his day, he starts to notice strange things. He believes he saw a tabby cat reading a map, people dressed up in cloaks and conversations about Harry Potter, his nephew. That day, Albus Dumbledore cradles Harry and places him at the Dursley's door. 
Once Harry grows up, he finds out that he is actually a wizard. He goes to the magical school called Hogwarts and comes face to face with Voldemort, the very wizard who killed Harry's parents when he was just a baby. Harry fights Voldemort and saves the Philosopher's Stone from him. Then Harry and his friends all receive points for their house, Gryffindor, and Gryffindor wins the House Cup. 
In the end Harry goes home and relaxes until its time to go back to Hogwarts in the fall.

Overall, I rate this book 5 stars because I love the thrill in Harry's fight with Voldemort and Professor Quirrell and this was also the book that made me a Harry Potter fan. I definitely recommend this book for anyone interested in fantasy or just someone in the range of 9 - 13.